Hope you are all well! The following is an update on our events/activities. We have not given up yet!
1) March General Meeting, March 27 – This meeting is cancelled. Our executive board vote will be sent electronically this week using a Google survey form. Please complete by the 27th.
2) Awards in Excellence, Apr. 4 and 11 – Cancelled for this year. All entrance fees will be returned to teachers to disperse to their students.
3) April Brunch, April 24 – Status TBD by venue.
4) Achievement Day, May 9 – Not cancelled yet! We are working on an online version due to the fact that MCC facilities will be closed through May. Information about online participation will be distributed to all members by April 1st. For those students who have already prepared for A in E, this might be a good way to get a little something for their hard work, even though it is not a competition! The registration deadline is extended to April 15th and may be sent electronically or by mail to Buffie Meeker email@example.com Payments will need to be submitted by mail only.
5) Awards Plus, May 11 – Status TBA. Application deadline for this event has been extended to April 15th as well to be in alignment with the deadline for Achievement Day registration. Special note: Students who are depending on credit for Awards in Excellence and/or Achievement Day to fulfill requirements for Devoted Performer or Senior Scholarship for this year or future years will be given due credit if the students’ teachers feel that the students were adequately prepared for the event before cancellation.
6) Other information: Many teachers are now utilizing online teaching. If you have special knowledge, parent letters, student handouts, etc. that you would be willing to share with other members of the organization that may be unfamiliar with this kind of teaching, please send those documents to firstname.lastname@example.org A special folder has been created in the Member Documents entitled “Teaching Tips” to hold any documents that are submitted. These will be password protected for members only. The government mandates and school closures will determine how we proceed day to day and I will send updates as needed.
I hope and pray that you will all stay safe and healthy during these uncertain times!
DVMTA President 2018-2020